mobile menu button
Home > Useful Info

Useful Info

Kersey Sign

Kersey Newsletter

Kersey Newsletter is sponsored and distributed by St Mary’s Church. It is produced by an independent editorial committee and contains village news, details of local church services, parish council and parochial church meeting reports, as well as information about organisations and events in the village. Ten issues per year are published and distributed to every household in the parish. It is financed by the church, a grant from the parish council, voluntary contributions and advertisements. 1/4 page adverts approx 6cm x 9cm £6.00 per insertion, 1/2 page adverts approx 12.5cm x 9cm £11.00 per insertion.

Kersey Newsletter contact:

Rachel Wells Tel 01473 822230

Kersey Neighbourhood Watch Co-ordinator

There is  currently a vacancy for the neighbourhood watch co-ordinator please contact the Parish Clerk for more information

Sarah Partridge Tel 01787 210859


In an emergency always ring 999 (non emergency dial 101 for local police)

The local police encourage members of the public to report minor crime or concerns as such information can often help to 'complete a jigsaw'.

Kersey is part of the Babergh East Safer Neighbourhood Team based at Hadleigh Police Station

Tel: 101

There is a police website which contains lots of useful information including a crime map which will display information about crimes by area.  Just type in your postcode to bring up information for your area.  

Police Connect is a messaging service connecting you to the very latest policing news for your area via e-mail, text or phone.
There is no charge for this service - all messages you receive are free.
You can register to receive information about the issues that most matter to you and be among the first to be alerted by police in the case of an emergency affecting your area.
You can choose to receive regular updates on crime and public appeals, safety advice and meetings and events. There is the option to receive information about a range of specific interest areas — such as ‘rural’ or ‘rivers and coastal’ — as well as updates for business owners and news from your Police and Crime Commissioner. The choice is yours.

You can register for this service by contacting Suffolk Police, see their website for more information  or

follow the link

The government has produced a useful guide to home security, click here to download the booklet  (pdf 103kb)

Suffolk County Councillor

Representing Kersey in the Cosford Divison

Robert Lindsay, 147 High Street, Bildeston, Ipswich IP7 7EL

Tel: 01449 741959


Suffolk County Council website:

Babergh District Councillor

Representing Kersey in the South East Cosford Ward

Leigh Jamieson

Tel:  01449 744407


Babergh District Council website:

Local MP

James Cartlidge, House of Commons, London, SW1A 0AA

Tel: 020 7219 4875




Suffolk County Council is responsible for public highways

Click here to go to the SCC highways section of the SCC website.  From this page you can report potholes, find out about roadworks and lots more.

Public Transport

For further information Tel: 0345 6066171

There is a public bus service passing through Kersey on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.  The 112 bus offers a return service between Hadleigh and Sudbury via Kersey, Bildeston and other villages.

Departs from The Bell Inn, Kersey 9.40am and arrives at Sudbury Bus Station at 10.25am

Departs from Sudbury Bus Station 1.10pm and arrives at The Bell Inn, Kersey at 1.55pm  

Hadleigh Community Transport Group

Hadleigh Community Transport Group provides accessible transport in the Hadleigh, Lavenham and Shotley areas for shopping, doctor and dentist appointments, visiting and socialising.

HCTG offer various services, from local bus services operating to a time table, Connecting Communities - a pre booked service operating within the Babergh area, which can connect you to a bus service for onward travel or may be able take you to your destination.

All journeys are pre-booked up to one week in advance with at least 24 hours notice. 

To book a bus or for more information please call Hadleigh 01473 826242  9am - 3 pm Monday - Friday

Taxi Service

Country Cars Private Hire based in Polstead.
Contact Dave Howard 01206262196 -  07767076976
e mail:

Local and long distance. Airports - Theatres - Weddings - Any occasion.

Town & Country Cars from Hadleigh

Tel 01473 828999

Private Hire and executive travel, long distance and local travel.

Library Services

The nearest library is on the High Street in Hadleigh.

The mobile library no longer visits Kersey.  Should a need be identified in the future they may consider re-routing to include Kersey again.

Health Services


Hadleigh & Boxford Group Practice
Hadleigh Health Centre, Market Place, Hadleigh IP7 5DN Tel: 01473 822961

Hospitals:— There are accident & emergency departments at:

  • Ipswich Hospital, Heath Road Ipswich IP4 5PD Tel: 01473 712233
  • West Suffolk Hospital, Hardwick Lane, Bury St. Edmunds IP33 2QZ Tel: 01284 713000
  • Colchester General Hospital, Turner Road, Colchester CO4 5JL Tel: 01206 747474

Electricity Supply

105 is the national phone number to report power cuts in the local area

  • Dialling 105 will put customers through to their local electricity network operator — the company that manages the cables, power lines and substations that deliver electricity into homes and businesses in their area.
  • 105 is just one of the ways that customers can contact their electricity network operator. They can also contact them by phone or via their website, and most network operators are on social media too.
  • 105 is a free service for people in England, Scotland and Wales.
  • Customers can call 105 no matter who they choose to buy electricity from.
  • Customers can also call 105 if they spot damage to electricity power lines and substations that could put anyone in danger. If there’s a serious immediate risk, they should call the emergency services too.

Vulnerable customers who would like to sign up to the Priority Services Register can still call 0800 169 9970.

Flooding and Water Management

Suffolk County Council has created the ‘Report a flood in Suffolk’ webpage.

This helps to inform users which organisation they should report their flood to, and provides links to try and make this process as simple as possible. Historically, flooding tends to go under-reported due to the fear of an increase in insurance costs, but a new government scheme known as “Flood Re” has helped to significantly reduce the burden on homeowners. If you are aware of any areas which may have suffered from flooding, we would encourage you to use our reporting tool and make the relevant risk management authorities aware.

You can find more information about ‘Food Re’ and how flooding is managed in Suffolk by going to the Suffolk County Council webpage.

You can also find plenty more information on a number of different flooding and drainage issues (such as ditches, highway drainage, and the responsibilities of private owners) on the Suffolk County Council webpage.

Veterinary Surgery

The nearest vet is Highcliff Vets

96 High Street, Hadleigh, Ipswich IP7 5EN Tel: 01473 822704

Post Office

The nearest Post Offices are in Boxford, Monks Eleigh and Hadleigh.

Refuse collection

Organised by Babergh District Council.

Click here for link to Babergh Waste and Recycling web page.

The nearest recycling centre is the Suffolk County Council Household Waste Site at Crockett Way, Hadleigh, Suffolk IP7 6AH (off Lady Lane Industrial Estate) Hadleigh.

See also


Fly-tipping should be reported to Babergh District Council using the link below.

Click on the link below to find advice and information about flytipping.

Milk delivery

H Byham & Son Ltd, Ballingdon Dairy, Sudbury Tel 01787 372526


Keith Avis 68 High Street, Hadleigh Tel: 01473 823131

Boxford Shop, Broad Street, Boxford Tel: 01787 211700

Petrol Stations

The nearest petrol stations and garages are in Boxford or Lady Lane, Hadleigh.